Nursing Documentation 101
The College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Alberta (CLPNA) in Canada has developed a nursing documentation / medical charting online course. The purpose of this eCourse is to ensure that all nurses have the necessary knowledge and skills to perform their recording and documentation responsibilities to acceptable standards.
The eCourse consists of seven modules:
- Course Introduction and Overview
- Importance of Accurate Documentation
- Essential Elements of Accurate Documentation
- Applying Documentation Knowledge to Practice
- Legal Issues in Documentation
- Electronic Documentation
- Additional Exercises and Resources
The Course includes narrated video presentations, module quizzes, learning / simulation games, interactive practice activities and a final examination.
This Nursing Documentation 101 course is publicly available via this direct link and on the CLPNA website. Please contact CLPNA if you have any questions or require additional information about this online course.